Monday, September 09, 2013

Kenneth

 Meet Kenneth!

Kenneth was actually scheduled to share his bag Friday, but he left school early.  He told me today he was upset on Friday when he had to leave.  I reassured Room 5 that we would always make time for make-ups. 

Kenneth started by showing us this photo of he and his sister.  He was one and she was 2.  Her name is Shanna.
 This is a case for his DS player...and the little one is for a game for the DS.  His aunt made this out of duck tape.  (Now I've always thought it was DUCT tape...but some Room 5ers last year said all the decorative tape is now called DUCK tape!)  This was Aunt Trisha that made it.
 Inside the case was a note from his Aunt.  He read it to us.  It was SO sweet!  Someone in Room 5 asked why she just didn't tell him what the note said.  I told them it was special since it had been written and Kenneth said she had put it inside before she gave him the case.
 Oh my goodness!  A troll doll!  This was given to him by his dad.  It's suppose to be Kenneth!  There's another troll for his sister that is suppose to be her.  Kenneth said they have a whole family of trolls. 

I told Room 5 how popular these were when I was in school.  I always loved troll dolls!
Kenneth put on this blue birthday boy pen.  His dad got it for him.  For his birthday, he got $40 from his cousin.  He told us he SHOULD have spent it on fishing gear, but he spent it on games. 

Regarding his name:  Some people call him KC.  He said he didn't care that I called him Kenneth.  When his dad was a kid, he was called KC.  When he got older, he was called Kenneth...and when he got even older, he shortened it to just Ken. 

What a great bag you shared, Kenneth!  We loved hearing about you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KENNETH is cool


sine kennth

Anonymous said...

I like your d.s. case!!! :)


from jayden