Monday, September 10, 2007

Meet Kamren

Kamren and his mom made me happy today! As I walked in from lunch, there was Kamren's mom in our classroom. She was there to watch, take pictures, and video Kamren presenting his bag. Why did that make me so happy? Well, for one reason, she told me Kamren had been excited about sharing his bag. THAT makes me happy! Plus, I was thrilled that she would come into Room 8 to watch. So.... meet Kamren!
Kamren told us he had this pen in his bag because he likes to draw and color...and green is his favorite color.
He also loves to read...and this book, "Captain Underpants," he read one time from 7 in the morning till 10.
Now this is an insect, but I can't remember what kind. With the angle of this photograph, I can't tell for sure. I'll have to double check on this tomorrow. However, Kamren BUILT this. He said it took about 1 1/2 days. He let it walk/crawl across the overhead.

Now this is another toy that I cannot remember the name of...poor Room 8, this old brain can't remember toy names! I think it was one of those Japanese toys??? Kamren had two of them - one large (the one in this photo) and one small (that you can't buy anymore).

Quite a few of the students in room 8 made connections with Kamren...and we all learned a lot!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! I was so proud of him. To get up in front of 29 other students, your teacher and your mom showed some guts. Kamren also likes to ride his bike and is looking forward to upgrading to a bike with full suspention in front and back. Also with more gears. He has a quad that he is very good at riding. Unfortunately we couldn't get it in the bag. Kamren is so excited about this blog thing. I hope he enjoys this letter.
Lots of Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Kamren I am so proud of you.As I watched the video mom took of you today,I could not believe how big you have gotten!You did a great presentation today.I appreciate the time and talks we have together. Love,Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Kamren!
This is very cools duder! I look forward to seeing your posts and pictures through-out the year. Way to go Kamren!
Love,
Grandma Darrah

Anonymous said...

Kamren,
I am so proud of you. You can do anything you set your mind to! Like cook pancakes on an old wood cook stove!
I love you,
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Hi Kamen, I am so proud of you. You are such a smart young man and very brave to get up infront of other people to talk and give a presentation. I will continue to check your rooms blog, to keep updated on everyting you do this year. You are the best. Love Grama Kathy

Anonymous said...

Ralphi hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii