Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's Ok because it's a Picasso!

Room 8ers, along with all the other 4th graders at our school, learned a bit about Picasso when they were 3rd graders.

Now that they're in 4th, we talked about what they remembered about Picasso and discussed some of his 'periods of art' - like the Blue Period, Rose Period, cubism, etc.

I led them through drawing this with their pencils, then Friday we started using oil pastels to color.

With this project, the pastel is not to ever go over a pencil line. As you can see on Jacob's, he brings the color up to the pencil line, then stops. The next color comes up to the pencil line, but again, doesn't touch it. Wait till you see the finished product, they're phenomenal.

"Can my face be purple?"
"My eye looks funny!"
"Uh oh, I made this the wrong color."

To all these and more, our answer would be, "It's Ok, it's a Picasso!"

Look at our progress...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Picasso's.

Anonymous said...

ok-this post made me cry. It was stunning!